Why study with GSE?
… we’re good at our job!
- Our teachers are highly qualified and experienced. All our teachers are native speakers of English.
- We give you individual attention in the classroom and outside it because we are not a big school.
- We deliver One-to-One as well as Group Tuition, in any case…
- … we work exclusively with small groups.
- At Gateway School of English you will find…
- … all levels of General English, Business and Professional English courses,
- Conversation English as part of the Intensive English Course,
- Exam preparation courses mainly Cambridge ESOL, IELTS examinations and TOEFL® iBT,
- Parent & Child courses / Family courses for parents & children travelling together,
- Teacher Training Courses eligible for Erasmus plus funding, as well as…
- … English Plus programmes (sports, culture, history and just about anything you can think of)
- and Junior Programmes for students aged between 12 and 17 years.
- Eight out of ten students who choose Gateway School of English, do so because it was recommended to them by friends who have already studied with us. What better testimonial to the quality of our product than such word-of-mouth recommendations?
… we’re where it’s at!
- The School and its own adjacent accommodation are located in a picturesque, high-class area…
- … characterised by a peaceful and relaxed atmosphere.
- GSE Residence accommodation located right next to the school (only 3 minutes from bedroom to classroom) is available for adults aged 18 plus and parents travelling with children.
- All our host families – for those who choose to live with a host family – are our neighbours and reside within walking distance from the school, the majority being 5 to 10 minutes’ walk away.
- We’re only a short walk away (12 minutes) from lively and bustling Spinola Bay (also the nearest beach and seaside resort), St Julian’s and Paceville, and, in any case, ….
- …we’re close to the public transport network. It only takes 3 minutes by bus from the school to Spinola Bay in St Julian’s, where all the major bus routes go through).
… we’ll set you up in comfort!
- You are welcome to live in the school’s own residence Gateway School of English Residence, on B&B basis with kitchen/cooking facilities.
- It is adjacent to the School (right next-door) – great if you are the type who hates to miss even a second of sleep, as you can practically hop from bed to class! (3 minutes from bedroom to classroom)
- GSE is attended 24 hours, meaning student welfare/support is guaranteed throughout your stay.
- The school residence is reserved solely for GSE students.
- Those who choose to live with a host family are assigned carefully selected host families personally known to us.
- All our hand-picked host families live in up-market residences within walking distance from the school.
- If you wish we can also accommodate you in:
- three-, four- and five-star hotels,
- self-catering apartments, or
- holiday apartments and villas for families
whichever option you prefer and suits your budget!
…we’ve got what it takes!
- Our school and its residence are built and finished to the highest specifications …
- … with an eye for functionality, safety and comfort.
- All areas are bright, airy and spacious, and …
- … modernly appointed and furnished with quality fittings, furniture and accessories.
- Both School and Residence are fully air-conditioned.
- High Speed Internet / WiFi is available free.
- We can boast of a well stocked Library and …
- … our self-study facilities include state-of-the-art computer hardware and the latest software.
- All our classrooms are equipped with audiovisual facilities and…
- …most of them are also equipped with Interactive Whiteboards using the latest state-of-the-art digital course materials.
…we’ve got students from all over the world!
- “We are the world! We are the people!” is not a dream at Gateway School of English. With us you have the opportunity of mixing and sharing experiences with students from all over the world!
- The world is one neighbourhood at Gateway School of English! You will all be living in the same neighbourhood (those in residence as well as those living with host families). This will make it easier for you to interact and communicate with colleagues from other countries in your free time.
- We aim to create the right atmosphere for student-student interaction.
A great mix of nationalities from the four corners of the world:
- The majority of our students (60%) come from Western, Central & Eastern Europe, namely from Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Lithuania, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Russia, Turkey and Azerbaijan.
- A smaller percentage (20%) come from South America, mainly Brazil, Colombia and Argentina.
- An even smaller percentage also come from Asia (10%), mostly Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and China, as well as from the Middle East (5%), mainly Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.
- A few others (5%), come from North African states such as Libya, Algeria and Morocco.
…we’re there for you!
- We guarantee full, friendly and effective assistance by our staff from arrival to departure. We are there for you literally 24 hours a day and 7 days a week…
- …and our teachers are there for you for any reason, academic or otherwise.
- You can reach us 24 hours a day on our contact telephone numbers.
- The school representative will meet students at the airport and accompany them to their accommodation. We provide assisted airport transfers on arrival as well as on departure.
- You will enjoy typical Maltese hospitality and warmth from landing to take-off!
- We promise you that we will make your English language learning experience in Malta a memorable one!
What Gateway School of English students had to say about their English language learning experience in Malta with Gateway School of English during one of the conversation classes held in Spinola Bay, St Julian’s, a few minutes walk from the school.
You can also read our blog post about ESL in Malta and the ELT English language teaching industry on the Maltese Islands.