English Schools Malta Schengen Visa extension documents GSE Gateway
Short List of documents required to apply for a Schengen Visa for the purpose of study while you are in Malta learning English with Gateway School of English GSE
Documents required by the student:
- Visa Application form GSE Gateway School of English Malta Schengen Visa Application Form
- Original passport
- Scanned images or photocopies of all pages of the passport
- 2 passport photos with a white background
- Health insurance covering the period of the whole stay (GSE also offers health insurance policy) – the health insurance should have a minimum coverage of Euro 30,000
- Accommodation (if accommodation is not booked by the school the documents below are required)
- – Lease agreement
- – ID card of the owner
- – Rental Declaration https://www.identitymalta.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/CEA-Rental-Declaration-Form.pdf
- Proof of financial support
- – Recent Bank statement showing transactions of the last 6 months; total amount in bank statement should be as follows:Euro 18.00 per day for the period you will stay in Malta (if accommodation is paid and booked with the school)Euro 26.00 per day for the period you will stay in Malta (if accommodation is not booked with the school)
- – Amount converted into Euros
- – photocopy of credit/debit card
- – Sponsor letter (if applicable) including sponsor’s bank statement of the last 6 months
- – sponsor ID/passport (if applicable)
- Flight details (arrival and departure flight details to and from Malta out of the Schengen area, departure flight ticket must match course end date +/- few days – not more than 5 days after the end date of the course)
Documents provided by the school:
- Letter of acceptance with the start date and finish date of the course as well as accommodation details if accommodation is booked with the school.
- Request for Visa/Proof of Payment
- Class Attendance Records if you are extending your Visa while you’re in Malta
In case of accompanied minors applying for a Visa we would need the following additional documents:
- birth certificate (original and translated into English)
- parents’ passport biopage (passport page showing the passport photo and the details such as date of birth, passport number, expiry date etc.)
- parental consent form translated into English (please ask for a copy at our Admin office)
*Visa Application fee is Euro 70.00 and Eur 100.00 for accompanying child
Visa admin fee (only for students extending their Visa in Malta) Euro 40 to be paid in cash at school once we start your Visa process.
How to apply:
5 weeks into your 90 days please advise our Admin office about your Visa application and send us your email address, biodata page of your passport and mobile phone number so we can obtain your reference number to be able to submit your online application.
All documents need to be sent in one email to [email protected] (the school’s department responsible for Visa extension for students attending courses in Malta) . Please include the following in the subject line of your e-mail: Name + Surname Visa Application. There is a Visa admin fee of Euro 40 which needs to be paid at the school if the student wishes that he/she will be assisted throughout the process.
The documents need to be submitted online and once done students will receive an email from Identity Malta requesting the Euro 70 government fee payment.
You will receive another email from Identity Malta requesting that you take in your passport and passport photos.
When your Visa is ready you can pick up your passport from the address below:
Central Visa Unit, Identity Malta Agency Head Office
Valley Road, Msida, MSD 9020
Opening Hours for Students:
|Mon – Fri:||08:00 to 14:00|
Contact Phone Number: +356 2590 4550
If you’re going by public transport you may use the following buses: 48,44,49,41,45
It is advised that you will apply for the Visa at least 6 weeks before the expiry of your 90 day period. Please note that we also accept last minute Visa applications.
Location of Identity Malta offices: https://goo.gl/maps/d3aTfpJhr7aHfifr8
If you have any questions regarding your Visa please do not hesitate to contact us : [email protected] or on WhatsApp +35699229463